Tickets can be found on the SDHW website
- deposit required by 28thFeb 2022
- final balance required by 31STMarch 2022
Please select the correct camp ticket depending on your child’s age.
Junior Camp is for children reception age up to yr7/8.
Parents are expected to drop off and leave children each day – the younger groups will have enough helpers to assist children throughout the day.
To attend Pony Club Camp, it is helpful if children have attended x3 Pony Club Rallies before camp so we can place them in the correct ride. The more rallies your children attend the better able they can be placed in an appropriate ride. Please be aware that the purpose of the ridden Rallies is to look at all the children and their ponies so a fair assessment of the combination’s ability can be made.
- Ponies need to be fit enough to work for several hours each day.
- Ponies must be 5 years of age and over.
- Please make sure that all ponies have been recently shod
- Coughing ponies will be sent home.
- Ponies must have been recently wormed, have all vaccinations up to date and bring their passports with them
- Bridle (and grass reins if required)
- Saddle and girth
- Saddle stand
- Strong headcollar and lead rope
- Grooming kit
- Water bucket
- Hay in haynet if needed
- Grazing muzzle if required (ponies will be tied up in grass corals during the day)
- Skip/fork/something to carry muck home in. All muck and hay must be picked up and removed from the area around your box everyday.
- Waterproof rug
All tack must be in a good and safe condition and all items should be clearly labelled
- Hat/skull cap – it is mandatory for all Members to wear a protective helmet manufactured to one of the following standards: PAS 015:1998 or 2011 with the BSI Kitemark, Snell E2001 with official Snell label and number, AS/NZS 3838 1998,2003 or 2006, VGI with BSI kitemark, ASTM-F1163 2004a with the SEI mark. Hats must be ‘tagged’ with an AQUAMARINE tag to show they have been checked by a senior Pony Club official.
• Correct dress: Pony Club sweatshirt and tie, long sleeved shirt, gloves and hairnet for girls.
- Jodhpurs – beige, navy or black
- Body protectors are encouraged for jumping
- Waterproof coat/jacket
- NAMED WATER BOTTLE
Passports and Equine Influenza: A reminder that any horse or pony attending a Pony Club activity must be accompanied by their passport. The first and second Equine Flu vaccination injections must have been given and, if needed, correct subsequent booster injections. The Pony Club/BEF’s rules will apply (see below) and Passports will be spot checked to ensure all horses/ponies are up-to-date with their annual vaccinations. Those not complying will be turned away. Please have your pony/horse’s passport with you and be ready to show the immunisation schedule.
Check equine ID passports of all horses attending your event
Ensure that the horse (or pony) has received two injections for primary vaccination against equine influenza given no less than 21 days and no more than 92 days apart. Only these two injections need to have been given before a horse/pony can attend. In addition, if sufficient time has elapsed a first booster injection must be given no less than 150 days and no more than 215 days after the second injection of the primary vaccination. Subsequently, booster injections must be given at intervals of not more than six months apart. Any horse not complying with the vaccination rules should not be unloaded nor any horses travelling with it and they will not be allowed to participate in any session.
LUNCH / REFRESHMENTS
*Children will need to bring a packed lunch*
Snacks at mid morning will be provided. Please make us aware of any allergies
Please park in the allocated parking area following any indications from helpers.
WHEN ENTERING HASCOMBE EC DRIVE SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY TO THE RIGHTHAND SIDE OF THE BUILDINGS FOLLOWING THE DRIVEWAY TO THE BACK CAR PARK. SDHWPC SIGNPOSTS WILL MARK ROUTE..
If you would like to volunteer as a helper at Day Camp this year please contact the organisers.
Camp is run by volunteers with the aim being that all those involved (including organisers and instructors) have an enjoyable time. Bad behaviour and language will not be tolerated and may result in the person concerned / or their child being asked to leave Camp.
DAY 1 ARRIVAL / TACK CHECK
Arrive on day 1 and check in with passport. You will then be directed to the tack check point where your pony, tack and riding equipment will be checked. Once pony and rider have been seen, please find your group’s area and drop off pony and equipment. Parents to leave asap please to avoid traffic/parking issues.
MORE INFO TO FOLLOW INC A GUIDE TIMETABLE OF EACH DAY
***a lot of info and updates are made via the SDHWPC facebook page – if you’re not able to use this platform please let us know***
If you have any queries please talk to one of the Camp Committee as soon as possible and we will endeavour to resolve any difficulties at the earliest opportunity. If we are not able to resolve an issue then it will be passed on to the Southdown Hunt West DC, Tracy Vardy.
We look forward to an enjoyable Camp for everyone involved!
Thank you for your support,
Lucy Bunn 07769298005 & Ellie Spivey 07739354058